configure scripts: cygwin newbie Question

I've had a few years experience using unix systems, but I have just
recently set up cygwin32 as well as the X11r63 libraries and an
Xserver.  I was wondering if anyone can point me to some info on
autoconfig and configure scripts. Is it possible to get configure
scripts that were originally created for Unix systems to work with
cygwin on WinNT?

Thanks,

Michael Zawacki

-