configuration scripts

To all,

Thank you for the responses.

I have resigned myself to the long and arduous task of using Borland's
FCONVERT.EXE to convert all of my configuration scripts from ANSI to OEM
format (strip out <CR>).  For the number of files I have, this appears
to be a long task.

This closes out one problem, but makes me wonder, why do the GNU scripts
from the .tar.gz files at the main ftp site have <CR><LF> in them
instead of just <LF>.  They are identified as UNIX scripts, but appear
to have a PC flavor to them.  Since I haven't edited them ("cat
{filename} | more" instead) I can't figure out where the <CR> came from
unless it is there to start.

Eric M. Smith
telephone               : (423) 229-2254
profs/officevision     : XGIB003
internet -- business : erics@eastman.com
internet -- personal  : burnsun@tricon.net

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup.

-