Off topic filesystem question

This is not really a cygwin question, so I must apologize in advance.

I have a Unix file system which I'm trying to render onto a CD.
The CD burner only runs off a Windows system (or potentially, NT).
The Question is how to preserve the many softlinks in the file system
so they appear properly on the CD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe
-