Serial IO drivers

Hi,

I had a working serial IO driver working with a polling method using
DJGPP.  Porting to gnuwin32 is not straight forward.  Are there
similar library calls for outp and inp?  Were can I go to learn
how to write a serial driver for gnuwin32 or does somebody have
an example?  Should I write a device driver under linux for serial
control, and then would it port painlessly to gnuwin32?

My brain is scrambled, and I am new to gnuwin32.  Any help is
appreciated.

--
                Mail:  ATTN: Mark Koi (Code: 7027, Bldg: 2036)
                       NAVSURFWARCENDIV CRANE