RE: latest Sergey's update (08/01) crashes on Win95

Chris Faylor wrote:
> >Ditto me too.  I've got a valid /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
>
> I have contributed some code to the latest coolview release which seems
> to be misbehaving on Windows 95.  I am actively tracking it down now, but
> it looks like it is a really strange problem; possibly a bug in Windows
95.

While searching for a win95-specific problems in the last cygwin.dll, I
have found the following bugs in Windows95:

1. The application hangs when tries to resume non-suspended thread.
Workaround: suspend the thread before resuming :-)

2. MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() returns WAIT_FAILED with errno
ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE instead of WAIT_OBJECT_0+N when the waited process is
killed with three-finger salute. Workaround: just wait again :-)

3. InterlockedIncrement()/InterlockedDecrement() returns the temperature on
the Shri-Lanka coast instead of operation result :-) This results in
incorrect tty allocation and the messages like "free_tty: count < 0". I
don't know a good workaround, and didn't fix it yet. I think, the tty
support should be completely disabled on #$%@'95.

Try to write to askbill@microsoft.com :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos