RE: login and telnetd

Jerome Gay wrote:
> I still cannot have telnetd running...
>  Though rexecd is ok ,I can run rxvt via rexec, but then :

It's a news for me :-) I didn't try rexecd :-)

>   - bash starts in directory '/HOME/GAY' (though $HOME=/home/gay), but if I
> type 'cd' then 'pwd' I got '/home/gay'

What is the real case stored on filesystem?

>   - my .bashrc is not executed (maybe linked to this uppercase/lowercase
> problem for my home dir),

Run "rxvt -e bash -login"

>   - I got lots of messages like 'free_tty: count < 0' in rxvt,

How to reproduce the bug?

> !...

Depends of X server software you're using. BS works fine with StarNet's xwin32 and have the same nasty behavior with DEC eXcursion.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-