GNU Win 32 compiler

I just acquired the "C++ in 24 hours" reference book which contains the
the GNU Win 32 compiler.  To make a long story short, I download your
cdk.exe file and installed the software on drive D: using a directory
CPP.  The current structure looks like this D:\CPP\gnuwin32... etc.
(using the rest of the install defaults)

I added the set and path structures (to D: drive) as described in your
FAQ into my autoexec.bat file and I also changed the mount points from
C: to D: in all of the locations that are found in the registry.

I also used the latest cygwin.dll in both place I found the old one.

I added a bin and a tmp areas and even mounted them after a few tries
before the mounting.

I am trying to compile the simple hello world program and it fails with
error of C:\windows\temp\cc0010001\blah blah undefined reference to
'cout'  A second error line (same as first) comes up for 'ostream'

>From the error message location of c:\windows... it appears that there
might still be some pointers looking at drive C: which might be the
problem that is also causing my errors.

I am at a loss on how to solve this problem.  Can you please help?

Thanks you in advance.

Barry