gdb with AMC ICE

Can gdb we used with the Applied Microsystems Corporation ICE?  We have the
CodeTab 80960 module.  It comes with software that requires Windows 3.1 or
WFW 3.11.  But our department only uses WinNT.  I was hoping maybe we can
use gdb on the software end and the ICE on as the interface to the
hardware.  Communication to the ICE is through the serial port.  So can gdb
communicate with the ICE?  If so, where can I get the instructions to get
this to work?  This is for embedded debugging.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--jc

-