msvc dll / LoadLibrary and GDB

Hi,

I try to implement a remote extension for GDB and use
a DLL (produced with msvc) for the windows functionality.

These are my steps so far :

1.) I have foo.dll, foo.def
2.) build foo.a with dlltool --def foo.def --dllname foo.dll --output-lib
foo.a
3.) gcc -o test_prg test_prg.c foo.a

This compiles fine, but when I try to run it I get a memory reference error
from windows NT. I ran it under GDB and Windows gives me that error when
the dll library gets implicitly loaded.

So I used an alternative :

1.) Use LoadLibrary to load the dll explicitly
2.) Use GetProcAddress to get function pointers to the dll-functions

That works fine for my test_prg.c, but if I include that in the remote-xxx.c
of my GDB extension, GDB will work fine, execute the right functions correct
and hang up if you try to leave GDB. I do only have to use LoadLibrary to
make GDB hang after typing 'quit'.

Does anybody have any comments or solutions to the stuff above?

Thanks in advance,
	Bijan
                                                          /\