Re: OpenNT & GNU-Win32 Comparison?

Hi Jan,

> > I still think the idea of having a working POSIX subsytem is a good one
> > but I'd rather wait for the next release.
> >

> Are you suggesting microsoft would put any extra effort into their
> broken posix subsystem?
> All unix on nt software simply(?) translates calls to the windows32 api,
> is it not?
>
> > Regards,
> >
> > 		Andreas
>
> greetings,
>
> jan.

As I understood softway's way of doing OpenNT, it's really a different
subsystem parallel to win32, replacing the braindamaged Micro$oft
POSIX subsystem.

So far it seems to be the only approach without an emulation library,
calling win32.

BUT, as I wrote already, it looks like their is still a lot of work to do
to get it really functional.

Regards,

		Andreas
-