Re: Install related problem.

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Scott McDermott wrote:

> This is a weird problem.  I was re-installing my computer.  Installed beta
> 18 along the way.  After that I tried to install Netscape 3.02.  It
> extracts the files, then goes in to the "Setup is preparing the
> InstallShield Wizard..." bit.  The weird part is it then displays the
> Cygnus Solutions logo and comes up with an error telling me to make at
> least 876k free space available.  I've downloaded Netscape twice, deleted
> all the InstallShield files I can identify, rebooted several times,
> cleared out temp directories, double checked to make sure it's not a path
> problem, and am pretty much stumped.

In case anyone else ever runs across this weirdness, I'm supplying the
solution that worked for me.  I removed the uninst.exe from c:\windows.
The Netscape install would then work (but still run with the Cygnus logo).
If I tried to run the install again, still running Netscape's install, it
would break with the previously mentioned error, which could still be
fixed be removing the uninst.exe file...

Very odd.

-