[Help] Undefined referece to fopen and other Stdlib functions when compileing a dll

Hi Folks,
I have been using GCC for some time now.  I have never had any problems with Gcc Cygwin
 until I tired to compile some source code that was developed using MSVC++4.0.

 The source code is a Dll.

 When I create and compile my own Dlls using Cygwin I have no problems.  However now that I
 am trying to compile the MSVC++ code I am gettion all sorts of undefined references to
 standard lib files.

 I have a pentium 32MB RAM.
 Cygwin vew b18 and have the Unix utils setup.
 Windows95

  The source code does compile. I do get my object files.  It is durint like time that I get
 my errors.

 I am not using a make file, but I am using a Bash srcipt to compile my dll.  The script is
 small and looks like this

 *******----------------------------------**********************
 #!/bin/sh

 INCLUDE="/Gator/Test/IOTEST~1/GCC-DLLs/Include"

 gcc -c commio.c -I $INCLUDE

 gcc -c timer.c -I $INCLUDE

  echo EXPORTS > commioB.def

  nm commio.o timer.o | grep '^........ [T] _' | sed 's/[^_]*_//' >>         commioB.def

 dlltool --def commioB.def --output-exp commio.exp --output-lib commio.a --dllnam
 e commio.dll

 ld -o commio.dll commio.exp commio.o timer.o

 *******----------------------------------**********************

 As I said eariler, the code did compile, but during link time I got this errors

 commio.o(.text+0x885):commio.c: undefined reference to `fprintf'
 commio.o(.text+0x897):commio.c: undefined reference to `fclose'
 commio.o(.text+0x91e):commio.c: undefined reference to `fopen'
 commio.o(.text+0x92d):commio.c: undefined reference to `Sleep@4'
 commio.o(.text+0x93d):commio.c: undefined reference to `GetCommState@8'
 commio.o(.text+0x95b):commio.c: undefined reference to `SetCommState@8'
 commio.o(.text+0x96a):commio.c: undefined reference to `GetCommProperties@8'
 commio.o(.text+0x97d):commio.c: undefined reference to `ClearCommError@12'
 commio.o(.text+0x99a):commio.c: undefined reference to `OutputDebugStringA@4'
 commio.o(.text+0x9bb):commio.c: undefined reference to `WriteFile@20'
 commio.o(.text+0x9f1):commio.c: undefined reference to `fprintf'
 commio.o(.text+0xa28):commio.c: undefined reference to `fprintf'
 commio.o(.text+0xa3e):commio.c: undefined reference to `fprintf'
 commio.o(.text+0xa50):commio.c: undefined reference to `fclose'
 commio.o(.text+0xa92):commio.c: undefined reference to `fopen'

 There are alot more, I just wanted to give a sample.

 It looks to me like the code I not linking to the libaries, but I do not know enough
 about Cygwin to find out exactly what libs are linked or not.

 Thanks in advanced