Re: b18 make problem

> When we run b18 make on NT4SP3 make variables defined in makefiles are
> not propagated to recursively invoked makes as they are on our unix
> systems.  The makefiles we test this on are identical between the unix
> and nt systems, so it is definitely the version of make we're using.
> Applying the "-e" command line flag has no effect on this problem.
>
> Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I have experienced the same thing with our makefiles..  We are using
a very old version on our UNIX machines, and the newer one which
comes with the b18 release.  I am in the situation of needing to move
to the newer make, so I think the possible solution would be to:

In the make program there has to be some place where the variables
internal to make are being set..  Simply do a setenv() in that routine,
and the submakes should receive those same variables.  I have not implemented
this yet, just an idea.
-