Re: BugView updated.

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Re-porting to gnu-win32 seems to me the best solution - you're able to run
> direct-console applications in a console only, but re-ported - in a console
> (with the same functionality), in a telnet session, in Xterm window and via
> communication port/modem. What is better?-)

It depends on whether the re-port can be done easily (and reliably);
tcsh and tclsh come to mind as not (yet) being available under gnu-win32
TMK. Also whether (without stable configuration management and more
general exercising of a central code/patch repository) you would dare
trust your life / business on the resulting apps; rcs, cvs and even tar
come to mind as apps I would currently prefer the distributed binaries.

> Try to remove <cr>s from /etc/passwd. If it will not help, remove shell
> fields from /etc/passwd and set environment variable SHELL to /bin/sh.

The first did the job. It seems as if mkpasswd and mkgroup write
<cr/lf>'s irrespective of the mount flag. Thanks!

One further point on rxvt - it seems to be only possible to run one
concurrent xterm session. Is this a function of not incrementing the
ttydev/ptydev numbers?

--
Dr David Coe			     \=\
58 Fairlawn Drive, East Grinstead     \=\   Tel +44 1342 326860