RE: Console and GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent

root wrote:
> iI am trying to stop a process with the 'GneerateConsoleCtrlEvent' API,
but
> I get always an Invalid handle error, even if the handle I am passing to
it
> seem absolutely OK.
>
> I am doing this from a GUI program.

The event is raised for the current console, but GUI program have no
console! You can use this call in console programs only. Try to use
TerminateProcess API call.

> Have any of the people that developed bash run into similar problems?
> How you stop a console process if not by using that API? How does bash
stop
> a process?

Asshole used :-) The signals are emulated with window messages...

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-