Re: Temporary Permission-Errors

Hi Roland,

> When making a large project the compilation is often interrupted
> due to permission-errors on include-files

the problem you describe also appears on my win95 system. But it appears
only on samba mounted filesystems.
Running gnu-win32 tools on a nt 4.0 system using samba mounts results also
in a temporary errors (not so often than under win95). The appearance here
differs to the permission denied message under win95. The following error
message appears in a window on the screen of the nt system (... translated
from german) :

        The Application can't be initialized correct (0x0000022).
                  Press 'OK' to finish the Application

To encircle this effect I am interested in the following informations
about your environment :

1. do you also use samba mounts ?
2. if so, where are the sources located ?
   (... in my environment on a sun running solaris 2.5.1) ?
3. if so, do you work with loopback-mounts on this system ?

Up to now I have no solution for this problem (?? maybe someone else ??).
But I heared about a patch for win95 (Vserver-Update) located on a service
pack cd from microsoft which solves problems with SMBCLIENT from samba.
I don't have this cd. But maybe someone else can check this.

Thomas

Thomas Vetter (vetter@aat-f.aeg-f.de or http://thomasvetter.aat-f.aeg-f.de)
-