TK problems

I am in the process of porting an application from UNIX to NT.  I am using
the Tk & TCL libraries, but am unable to compile them correctly.  I have
searched the archive at cygnus, but haven't been able to find the
infromation I need.  Here is the lowdown:

	I need to compile TCL & TK so that they are NOT in a DLL -- because I need
to override various functions & widgets defined in those libraries.  So
a .a would be preferable ..  I have tried to link in the .lib's generated
by the Visual C compiler, and am able to link them, however they still
require DLL's..  Does anyone have a working setup, so that they are
able to recompile .c files and add to an archive?  And it works?
Thank you very much for the help

	-- Jon
-