Anyone got patches for V GUI?

Hi all.

Back around b14, the V GUI kit was ported/bundled with cygwin32.  Has anyone
managed to maintain that, or perhaps have the old patches still kicking
about that I can try?  It compiles fine, with the exception of a #include
that's not needed anyway in one file, and a 'far' pointer that really just
does a strcpy anyway.  Unfortunately, it's very unstable.  It refuses to
display toolbars (in any program, mine or the examples, but works fine on
Linux and X). Some things, like status bars, cause the thing to crash
at startup, others seem to cause Windows to create piles of events in
a _preemptive_ way, re-entering the redraw handler _before_ it finishes
(verified with puts()).  I figure there is an event callback is doing
funny things.

Is there something I need to do to make sure that both cygwin.dll and the V
app runtime get the proper startup?  I'm thinking that something is not getting
set up correctly since V contains WinMain() insted of main().  I can see
no way to call V as main() since it want's some Windows HANDLE things
(which I have no clue about, give me X anyday).

If someone knows what's going on in here I'd be very happy :-)  If not,
I'll keep pluging at it and report what I find.

Thanks in advance,
cheers, Jeff.
-