DOS/NT commands in bash

Hi,
 I recently installed the b18 version of cdk, and am having
 troubles with some invoking some DOS apps.

 Basically some commands seem to hang when I try and run them
 from within bash.  It seems to only be tied to 16bit dos
 programs.  It's not restricted to programs that want to use
 DPMI.

 I've also seen it hang when trying to run a .CMD file It also
 seems to hang on trying to find a command that doesn't exist.

 I've confirmed that the commands run correctly in my CMD or
 COMMAND shell on NT, but they hang under bash.  Also, I've
 confirmed that all of the directories in the path are available.

Any ideas?  Did I miss something simple in the FAQ like how to
process commands that bash can't find directly?  Or how to
specify an environment for DOS commands?

Thanks...

-- Stu Donaldson --
   stu@nwlink.com
-