Re: GNU Win32 X11R6.3 Binary Libraries

David,

> Dear  Arlindo,
>
> I really do not wish to bother you but as you put the libaries on the
> internet.
>
> I have the server
>     http://www.starnet.com/xwin32.html
> put I cannot see now for example that the X11 windowed program
>  tetris
> can connect to the xwindow server. I really want to use set up an XDM
> demon on   GNU Win32 but I cannot see how to!

I had some problems with the starnet server myself. A few
suggestions/questions:

0) On win95 and b18, make sure you install Sergey's patch from
    b18-patch/

1) Make sure the win32 server is up: you must see a dialog box saying this
   is a demo, etc... Sometimes it takes 3 attempts for it to come up
   for me. And it may take some time for the client to connect to
   it.

2) Try a simple client first such as xclock or xlogo; make sure you
    have set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

3) Try the MI/X server; it is uggly but has worked more reliably
   for me.

I have tested tetris with the starnet server on my win95, using the
b18 version with Sergey's patch.

  I hope this helps.

      Arlindo.

   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://dasilva@alum.mit.edu    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |