RE: Sergey's latest cygwin.dll and pdksh

Chris Faylor wrote:

> #ifdef POSIX_SIGNALS
>     struct sigaction act;
>
>     act.sa_handler = (SIGNAL_HANDTYPE) handler;
>     sigemptyset(&act.sa_mask);        /* only block sig while in handler
*/
>     act.sa_flags = 0;
> # ifdef SA_INTERRUPT                  /* SunOS 4.x */
>     if (interact)
>         act.sa_flags |= SA_INTERRUPT; /* make sure system calls are not
restarte
> d */
> # endif
>     sigaction(sig, &act, (struct sigaction *)NULL);
>
> ----
>
> Where the 'sig' is 'SIGCHLD'.
>
> It appears that 'sig' is blocked while within the handler.  Could that be
> what is going wrong?

Cygwin.dll blocks the signal while executing signal's handler. If arrived
signal is blocked, it will be added to process's sig_pending mask. On exit
from any handler all pending signals are raised again. See exceptions.cc
for details. Probably, we have to change sig_pending from a bit mask to an
array of counters to avoid possible losts of a signals. What do you think
about?

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia