DLL's for use with other languages..

Hello all..

  I am new to GNU-WIN32 and to windows C/C++ programming in general,
though fairly competent C programmer in DOS/UNIX. What I want to know is
can GNU-WIN32 or cygwin32 create dll's that can be used by Visual Basic?
I have tried some small dll's and tested with C drivers which works ok,
but when I try to use with VisBasic I get one of several errors..

   unable to find function in dll
   invalid call (help makes ref to pascal calling convention)

I have tried using cygwin32, mingw32, and also lcc.. all pass the C
driver test, but all fail the VB test

any help would be appreciated..

   Russ Smyth
   jrussell@voicenet.com