libwinsock.a? Using mu own socket routines ...?

I have done my own socket mappings and wish to use them instead of the
provided cygwin32_socket() family of routines in sys/socket.h and
netdb.h. When I comment-out the mapping defines in these two files, the
compiler complains that socket(), accept(), etc are unresolved
references. My code has correct prototypes. If I add -lwsock32 to the
compile line, only WSAStartup() and WSACleanup are resolved.

The FAQ mentions a libwinsock.a library but I don't have it in either
the binary or source distribution.

Where are the real socket functions and how can I link against them?

Thanks,
--

Mike Anderson
mka@redes.int.com.mk