Re: EXE has file junk in it

A word about MSDOS/WIN95/WINNT. Files sizes are always an integral number
of clusters. This means a 1 byte file occupies a full cluster. Apparently,
when a file is written to disk the unused portion of the buffer is not
cleared, so whatever was there is written to the disk. This has been the
case from DOS 1.0 and even Apple ][ proDOS. So thw behavior you see happens
to ever program that writes a file.