Re: Perl 5.004

In article <199706031642.JAA25144@fleming.jimpick.com>,
Jim Pick  <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>

>> In the meantime, I'd be happy to send my current set of patches to
>> anyone who is interested.
>
>I'm interested in them - I only had a partial success with Perl 5.004.
>
>If you send them to me, I can put them up on my web site, so that everyone
>trying to work through the issues with Perl 5.004 can access them.

If it comes to that, I can put them up on a web site, too.  I'd like to
get things working a little better before I do that.

I've been making some modifications to the original patches and trying things
under Windows 95.

One small change that I did notice is that in config.sh you should be
sure that d_bincompat3='undef'.  This may allow successful compilation
of the Opcode module.  Also, setting d_socket='define' should work.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."