Sergey's cygwin.dll

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Sergey's
cygwin.dll?  I tried it on my OSR2 Win95, copying cygwin.dll and
libcygwin.a to their appropriate places.  Here's what happens when I run
some prorgams:

bash$ ls
(unknown) heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 8
cygwin: terminating
bash$

Sergey told me error 8 is an out of memory error, but I've got plenty.
And the Win95 swap file is no where near maxed out, should it want more
memory.

So, any ideas why the dll might do this?
-