Re: ncurses just won't clear the screen?

> Check your /etc/termcap file to see if you have the updated one.
> Basic term abilities seem to work now. I got rogue compiled and
> working just fine. (Although I didn't use ncurses, it comes with a
> toned down curses implementation)

I copied it straight from /usr/etc.

> Try this:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int
> main()
> {
> 	printf("\033[2J");
> }
>
> Compile and run it, if it clears the screen your term has the
> properties of a proper terminal.
>
> BTW my $TERM is ansi. I set it in autoexec.bat. I seem to recall when
> I used linux term it didnt clear my screen either.

That did work perfectly with TERM=linux.  So perhaps it's just
ncurses that's not doing the screen clears.  That's where the
clear.exe came from, and many of the test programs aren't working.

BTW, I found that vt200 does work for screen clears.  But then you
lose things like color.
---
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Ni!' at will to old
ladies.  There is a pestulance upon this land, nothing is sacred.  Even those
who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress of
this period of history."                                   -- Roger the Shrubber
-