RE: NATIONAL CHARACTERS IN b18

Tage Westlund wrote:
> In the mailing list I read that b18 was to be released
> and I was happy. Now is time to widen the experience,
> to import the source, not only the binaries!
> But, recently I have found that swedish, danish and
> german users have complained about the national charac-
> ters, typed by using the Alt Gr shift key. They simply
> do not work, they say.
> Do we have to wait for a soon coming b18.1 version or
> for a small national characters' patch?

Here is a fragment of winsup/console.cc:

    else /* keep it */
      {
        if (input_rec.Event.KeyEvent.dwControlKeyState &
>                        (LEFT_ALT_PRESSED | RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED))
          {
            char tmp[2];
            tmp[0] = tolower(input_rec.Event.KeyEvent.AsciiChar);
            tmp[1] = 0;
            buf[copied_chars++] = '\033';
            undo_input(hndl, tmp);
          }
        else

Modify marked line according to your needs.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-