Re: Problem extracting beta18 on NT4.0 with compressed drive

Thanks to kunglao's advice, I downloaded cdk.exe again and it has
installed fine. So it looks like NTFS and compressed drives were
false concerns.

Interestingly, sum(1) and cmp(1) but think the two files are
identical, but as they only take a fraction of a second to run I
don't think they're reading the whole 14Mb file.

Looks like it's time to learn about MD5 checksums.

Thanks to kunglao, Sergey and Ian Reinhart for their suggestions,

Steve Ganly.

-