'ls /' does not work

I am using beta17.1. running on Windows 95
'ls /' gives no output, either from within bash or at command.com
prompt. Similarly pressing tab after / also provides no completions.

mount says c: is mounted on /, which is what is is in the registry
too. If I delete the registry entry, both mount and bash restore the entry.
Even if I change the registry entry to c:\ or c:\\, bash changes it to
c:.

After providing a directory name under root, for example /gnu-win32/
filename completion works, as also ls.

Any ideas? TIA,

--
Hemal Pandya mailto:hemal@superlink.net  phone:(908)340-9455

First He created computers, but they couldn't make mistakes
So He created programmers

-