NT services and gnu-win32

Hi,

I just downloaded the cygwin suite and ported my first Unix source code to NT
yesterday and I was quite impressed with the ease at which I was able to do
it. The program (a derivative of the TIS toolkit "smap") works fine from the
command line but needs to run as a daemon on the system to be useful.  I then
tried to use the NT resource kit (srvany.exe) to load the application as an NT
service.  Everything works fine until someone logs out of the system at which
time NT (sends messages? WM_ENDSESSION and CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT) kills it. If the
service is loaded when the machine boots the process still dies when the first
person logs out.  Even the cygwin nohup.exe does not help.

Questions: Is there any way to trap/ignore this action within a cygwin
application?  Compile options? Runtime signal processing? Special loading
instructions for a service?

Thanks.

Steve Coleman		scoleman@sewp.nasa.gov
vox: 301.286.7636       fax: 301.286.0317

-