Re: gcc error

This means that you still have a cygwin.dll from before beta 16
lying around.  If there is an old one lying around, delete it.
Or you're trying to run a binary compiled with beta 14 or earlier tools
with a more up to date cygwin.dll (but probably not as you are describing
things).

Apps produced by beta 16-18 toolchains should all be able to run under
the latest cygwin.dll.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com