String.h vs string.h bug...

Heya.

Don't know if this has been found before, but I think I have a bug in
the 17.1 beta release...

Very simply, when compiling a C++ program that includes <string.h>,
the preprocessor includes <String.h> from the C++ include directory,
instead of the (lower case) string.h from the C include dir. This
isn't a problem under Unix, I suppose, since "String.h" and
"string.h" aren't the same file, but under Windows 95, it's causing
problems. Besides annoying warnings of "implicit" declarations of
strchr(), I get programs that won't compile due to this error:

myfile.cc:23: ANSI C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer

ugh. For the time being, I've been adding the function prototypes
myself (usually just need strcpy and a few others...), but this needs
to be fixed/worked around.

Thanks,
--Ryan C. Gordon.