Re: mount length

> From: "Bruce D. McLeod" <b.mcleod@opengroup.org>
>
> The size of the directory that can be mounted seems to be limited
> to 32 characters, which seems restrictive.
>
> C:\>mount c:\ /abcdefghi/abcdefghi/abcdefghi/abcdefghi
>
> C:\>mount
> Device           Directory           Type        Flags
> c:               /abcdefghi/abcdefghi/abcdefghi/a(    native      no-mixed,text!=binary

I agree.  I do not like cluttering up c:/, so I install software in
c:/local.  When I mounted c:/local/cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/bin as /bin it
did not complain, but /bin did not work.  Luckily mounting
c:/local/cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32 as /usr did work, and I finally figured
out the size limitation.

So not only should the size be greater, it must complain when the path
is too long.

Dan Kionka
-