Re: Opening COM2

> My guess is that this is due to the symbolic link handling.
> When you open a file, cygwin will read the first few bytes
> of the file to see if it has the special marker that is used
> to indicate a symbolic link; if so, then cygwin will open the
> file that the link points to.  Obviously this won't work
> correctly in the case of device files such as `com2'...

Would this cause GDB to hang when trying to connect to a target "monitor"
on a development board. GDB seems to support(from it's list of targets and
the source) my monitor(dBUG for ColdFire) but it hangs when I type "target
dbug com2" (the default port settings for COM2 are OK). I haven't stuck a
terminal or a protocol analyser on it yet.....

-