RE: Advice!

Nope, I wouldn't switch.

Aside from my obvious bias, working for Microsoft, there is no way you
could offer such an OS.  Heck, nobody can make an OS that's 100%
compatible with the last version of the same OS.  There is no way a
third party could build such a thing from the ground up.  So one reason
I wouldn't switch is because I wouldn't believe the claims that it
exists.

Much as I like to play with OSes for fun, I have to admit that the OS is
basically boring.  If it works to get my job done, I don't want to
upgrade.  Upgrading is always a pain.  Since NT currently serves my
needs quite well, I have no incentive to switch.  Faster? I can always
get more speed with better hardware, when I need it.  Since my current
machine is fast enough, I have no incentive to switch.  More flexible
and powerful?  I couldn't take advantage of extra features and remain
compatible with those around me, so I have no incentive to switch.
Sorry.

BTW, why do you 'need to ask?'

stephan(speaking for myself alone, not representing Microsoft in any
official capacity);

-