ifstream trouble

	High,

	first my apologies, if this problem has already been reported.
	But I'am new to this group and the archives at cygnus end in
	late december....

	After much tweaking of Makefiles, I compiled the V-toolkit
	with gnuwin32 17.1 on Windows 95.

	Running ved produced a lovely access violation. I compiled again,
	this time with debugging on and loaded the program into gdb.
	I tracked it down to a crash in the ifstream constructor:
		ifstream::ifstream(char *file)
                calling fstreambase::fstreambase in
                fstream.cc.
        Problem at line 66.

	I could have gone further but I stopped at the prospect of
	downloading 20+ MB of source code, copying to disk and get
	it onto my PC.

	Any help available on this?

				Mark Koennecke
				Mark.Koennecke@psi.ch