compiling wget and undefined h_errno

We are testing out these tools trying to compile wget and are
getting undefined symbol references to h_errno.  We ran configure
and it recognized these tools for what they are and everything
was fine until the link.  I didn't see a reference to this type
of problem in the FAQ or mailing list archive, but I could've
missed something.  The version of the stuff we are using is
the latest I believe (looks like a date of 12/10/96).  Any help
with this? Thanks.
Gregg Jensen
greggj@savvis.com

-