Re: gnu code on NT

Hi Larry,

  Thank for the information.  Can you tell me how to mount the
  file system as binary?  All my file system were mounted with
  default setting which I do not what they were.

  Secondly,  I did not change any single line of code in the
  sharutil and mpack1.5 because I thought one of NT-WIN32 goals
  was to build the GNU source without modification to the main
  source code!

Larry Hall wrote:
:>Hi,
:>
:>  I've downloaded the source for GNU sharutils-4.2.tar.gz and
:>  built.  The build went fine without any problem.  However,
:>  when I test the uudecode/uuencode on  a binary file and
:>  found out that it could NOT encode/decode any uu to/from
:>  binary file.
:>
:>  Similarly,  I build the mpack for mime and it build OK but again,
:>  it did not seem to be able to decode the mimed file correctly.
:>
:>  Any idea?
:>
:
:Did you mount the file system as binary or change all fopens to include
:"b"?  Without one of these two things, all reads and writes will be ASCII.
:
:Larry
:

--