Re: bug? tar cvf : setgrent not done

well yeah i had this problem, when i did the following:
tar -czvf file.tar *.exe
it seems that i got extra bytes, i assume they are \r or LF no clue..
so i uploaded my ports to the site, then i got people complaining that
they can't gunzip the files, so i redid one of them and used winzip
this time, it worked fine, there seems to be a bug, which is also in
strip.exe, again i used strip on one of the programs i did, and they
no longer work, i guess another beta of cygnus is coming soon, i have
so many stuff planned to port including:
ispell (almost done)
tcsh (problems with some libraries)
zsh (so far so good)
telnet (many libraries missing)
ncurses (working but can't use colors)
ncftp (bug in snding files, LF problem again)
irc2.8.2 (half working)
most of the muds ported... (merc, rom, envy, etc...)
hangman(tough one, but could be done...)
i hope it comes out soon..
btw where is dir.h? i am using my linux one, it's working :)

-