Re: ASCII and BINARY files. Why?

Hi, you wrote:

: Once stty is more capable on gnu-win32, we could allow users to choose
: between ^D, ^Z or anything else they wanted.  On input from a non-tty,
: there is no EOF character.

I'd also like shell job control: stty susp ^z
and: stty intr ^c
Is it possible to arbitrarily remap the usual ^c under NT?
Oh, I forgot: stty kill ^u

: What currently happens when we fseek/lseek on a program not opened in
: binary mode?

I only seek to EOF, the beginning, or a position returned by ftell()
with no additional offset. This should work on all platforms regardless
of text/binary mode.

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-