Re: New Cygwin release

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 05:05:16PM -0400, David Eisner wrote:
>INSIARPCDAWFFUIHITSWKMTPLAOTFATPTIODIACIASTWAMPWTGYPAYHIPNHDNANWTSTW
>(I'm not sure I agree. Reasonable people can disagree about whether
>feedback from users is helpful in these situations.  Who knows, maybe
>the project leads are on the fence, and this pushes them in one
>direction. In any case, I am sure there was a more polite way to get
>your point across.  Your hostility  is probably not helpful --
>definitely not a nice way to start the weekend.)

Sorry but the "project leads" don't need joe users making obvious
suggestions.  We've obviously made many previous releases and don't
require a vague suggestion from someone to realize when it is time
for a new one.

Earnie's observations were spot on.  As a project maintainer himself he
knows what a waste of bandwidth these messages are.  If his message will
make someone think twice before sending something a similar "why don't
you do your job" message then that's a good thing.

cgf