Re: Cygwin mentioned in "current directory" discussion

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 09:29:24AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Nov 15 21:34, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> >
>> > This morning I added a comment to the blog, #42 in the list:
>> >[...]
>> >
>> > Two minutes ago, I found that my comment had been silently removed!
>> > I'm not aware that my comment contained offensive, abusive, or
>> > disrespectful language. ??I'm really wondering why Raymond decided
>> > to remove my comment. ??This is quite disappointing.
>>
>> Perhaps it got swallowed by a COM server that can't deal with a
>> disappeared working directory. ;)
>
>Or Raymond fears hippos.

He also deleted my response to the guy who suggested that Windows does
copy-on-write so we could modify NTDLL.  And, now I can't seem to
respond at all.

Sure.  We could just figure out where to modify NTDLL in all of the
versions of NTDLL that have ever existed and then stand on our heads
to modify the memory in place every time a Cygwin process is started.

And, as Corinna says, this all flys in the face of Cygwin's philosophy.

Meh.

cgf