Re: [OT] Re: GNU screen hangs

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 12:32:30PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>One more time wrote:
>>Ah, censorship.
>
>zOMG we is suppressing your freedumb of speach! O noes! Call for the
>WAAAAH-bulance!

Yes, freedum of spiech is being censored as in "I want to use your forum
to say what I want however I want.  You won't let me so I will show what
a deep thinker I am by changing my email address and sending more
insulting email."

>Seriously, that is the kind of pathetic nonsense spammers come out
>with.

>>You clearly read the messages through some anti-tuomov glasses, as most
>>of the FOSS herd does.  It's not like I'm liked much for pointing out
>>where it's all heading, and my anti-distro licensing.  So the herd
>>attacks the message thanks to the messenger.
>
>Oh, so you are a noble fighter for freedom, a voice crying out in the
>wilderness, and anyone who thinks you're a jerk is just a gullible fool
>with no independent thought, following the herd.
>
>Ha ha, no.  Sure, they laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Copernicus,
>they laughed at Columbus and Newton and Einstein.
>
>But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

LOL.  This is one of the funniest things I've ever read here.

I didn't realize that this was somebody we were supposed to know either.
As part of the pattern of these things go, I received a private message
from this notable that began with:

"Oh, I know who you are: a dick that has been given too much power.  A
freetard, and part of the FOSScracy at that."

I'm blushing because I actually found it kind of flattering to be
thought of as FOSScracy.  Now I'm even more flattered because I didn't
know that I'd been complimented by someone famous.

I have to say that Mr.  McFly here fits the pattern of mailing list kook
very precisely.  I'd expect much more original thinking from such a
visionary.

I no longer marvel at the sheer idiocy of being given software for free
and then either don't listen to or actually insult people who are trying
to help.  It's a sad commentary on something that this pattern is so
prevlant.  But, then, again, this kind of behavior is not the rule so
I guess that's encouraging.

But, then, the original bug report of "screen hangs sometimes" was not
likely result in much in-depth debugging anyway.

>Face the facts: I have never met or heard of you before; it's entirely
>down to the unpleasant tone of your first post and your subsequent
>descent into full-on trollhood.  I am not following any herd, I made my
>own mind up, and long before you started being deliberately rude for no
>reason over the issue of quoting people's email addresses; it's
>precisely because I have an independent mind that I think you're a
>jerk.

Well, I wasn't sure.  I'm more of a follower.  But if that's what Dave
thinks, it's good enuff for me.

cgf