Re: Fw: [1.7] "broken" pipe implementation?

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 04:40:49PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>>It qualifies as a "What in the world was I thinking?" problem.
>>
>>No idea what that is.
>
>The kind of bug you write when you've been up all night writing code,
>and you finally crash out, and when you wake up refreshed a few hours
>later you look at it and go "My god, this is all gibberish! I must have
>gone temporarily mad!".
>
>Happened to me just the other night.  :-P

Ah, so it isn't just me.

In this case, I cleverly rewrote the named pipe handling to use
overlapped I/O and real named pipes but only did 95% of the
implementation.  I missed the select() part although I have a clear
remembrance of implementing it.  Must have been a late-night
hallucination.

That's why I spent the first hour of debugging setting breakpoints
and saying "Huh?  Why didn't it get there???"

cgf