Re: FW: cygwin 1.7.0-28: Broken pipe signal broken?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 05:46:07PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote on 18 August 2008 14:19:
>
>> Thanks for the test case.  I'll look at this when I get back to a
>> windows system.  Right now my vmware workstation is broken and my vnc
>> access to my windows system is down.  Quite irritating.
>
>  Is the system itself up?

No.  I turned it on before I left home but I've got this annoying
problem on that system where, if I don't move the mouse after turning it
on after a hibernate, the system goes back into hibernate mode again.
I've probably taken years off the life of that system by turning it on
and not remembering to switch my KVM to it in time before it powers off.

Hmm.  This sounds like a topic for a google search now that I've typed
it.

>If you've got SMB/CIFS access to the box (on tcp/445) still working,
>you can try bouncing the vnc service: the Service control manager
>("services.msc") can connect to a remote machine and start/stop
>services there.

That's interesting.  I'll have to try that next time the system is
sort of up.

cgf