Re: tcsh clear command?

TITTTL'ing.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
> > > (<- who the hell would use that!
> >
> > Anyone who might ever want to pipe stdio between a cygwin and a win32
> > native program will find it works an awful lot better if they do it in
> > a DOS console using CYGWIN=notty.
>
> Like I said - who the hell would do that! ;-)

Umm, anyone working with Java?

> > Also, anyone who wants the rows-and-columns based method of copying
> > text, as opposed to the line-end-wrapping (X-alike) method used in the
> > other consoles.
>
> Ditto here. Who really prefers a rows-and-columns based method (AKA a
> box!) of copying text? I can't say there's been a single time when I
> said "Damn I wish I could just copy and paste a box of text. Copying a
> line of text just isn't what I want to do right now!". YMMV.

Umm, VIm with multiple horizontal windows?  Or any text containing
tables?  In fact, that's why VIm added the "box select" feature...

> > > Yuck)?
> >
> > Is the implication that you are in some way magic and special and
> > therefore your personal tastes are somehow objectively valid making
> > you right about any random topic and anyone else who feels differently
> > wrong?
>
> No. That's called your imagination!

Well, the implication was that if *you* don't use a particular feature, it
is not at all useful to *anyone*, which is plainly wrong.

> > Or do you still accept that this is just a subjective expression of
> > your tastes, but nonetheless feel that your opinion is of unique and
> > gripping interest to readers of the list? [*]
>
> It was merely my opinion. Why do you attempt to make more of it?

That's called arrogance...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Those saying that something cannot be done should never stand in the
way of those actually doing it. -- Old Chinese proverb