Happy Birthday, Perl!

On this day... <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page#On_this_day...>

December 18 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_18>:

1987 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987> - Programmer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmer> Larry Wall <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wall> released the first version of the programming language <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language> Perl <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl> via the comp.sources.misc newsgroup <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup>.
_____

- Barry
     -  Disclaimer:  Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
     -  If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly mistaken, but if not, aren't you lucky?
     -  Sending this e-mail does not constitute endorsement of the contents; I may change my mind later.
     -  This e-mail may have been sent in haste; if any of its contents are offensive, inappropriate, inaccurate, ungrammatical, misspelled, or incomplete, too bad.
     -  Ideas in this e-mail are bigger than they appear and the writer may be smarter than he appears.