Re: Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Carlo Florendo wrote:

Igor Peshansky wrote:
TITTTL'd...

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Dave Korn wrote:

On 02 September 2007 16:54, Aaron Gray wrote:

AVG will not let me turn the resident shield off.
Facist admins eh?
Ah, now I get it.  Facist admins are admins that are afraid to lose
face, and so make sure nobody mucks with their settings, even if those
are nonsensical...  What with the recent wave of facist CEOs, facist
CTOs, and facist venture capitalists, the admins are just the latest
group to catch the craze...
Once, I actually contemplated to have users download a repackaged (i.e
disguised) VNC server as a "system protector" so that we admins could
confirm or belie our suspicions that someone was doing something nasty
or not working at all.  We didn't pursue it since it policing everyone
takes a lot of time. But yes, I agree with you that admins are sometimes
fascists and overdo their admin stuff.

Heh, fascist admins are a completely different story. Those are more like BOFH. Facist admins, on the other hand, simply have something to hide...

I was confused :) (facist != fascist) -> not a typo after all!

--
Carlo Florendo
Software Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City