RE: Idle Friday lunchtime musing

On 10 August 2007 14:23, Phil Betts wrote:

> At the end of a hard week, my mind started wandering...
>
> TITTTL - almost an apt acronym by association with "tittle-tattle"
>
> Unfortunately, tittle without tattle is "a tiny or scarcely detectable
> amount" according to http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=tittle

  Actually, tittle all by itself is exactly one jot less than that.

> This is hardly a fitting description of the resident hippos and is
> liable to cause offence.

  Yeh, but they're more liable to blame whoever sneaked that 'E' in at the
end, since it wasn't there originally.  In otherwords,

    tittle = iota - jot + E.

> A more PC acronym is therefore in order.

  Can't we have a more senior acronym?  A DC or DSI, at the very least?

> Perhaps "Post Replies At The Talk List" would yield a more fitting
> acronym: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=prattle

  What is it with you and Es spontaneously appearing all over the place?
You'd be pretty popular at most raves!

>   * (n) idle or foolish and irrelevant talk
>   * (v) speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
>
> Looks ideal to me, and nothing for the hippos to find offensive.

  I wouldn't call a hippo "idle or foolish" if I were you!  Otherwise you
might find them "rapidly" charging you and "incessantly" stomping you into the
ground!

    cheers,
      DaveK